The Agricultural Advisory Committee was originally created
in 1989 to address complaints related to urban/agricultural interface issues
and the Sacramento County Right to Farm Ordinance. In 2011, a County ordinance
expanded the duties of the Agricultural Advisory Committee to 1) provide
assistance and guidance in the implementation of the Sacramento General Plan,
including but not limited to, the Agricultural Element; 2) provide
recommendations to the Board of Supervisors regarding land use modifications
that may impact agricultural operations in the County; 3) provide input on
applications for Williamson Act Contracts; 4) provide input on administration
of Williamson Act Contracts, including compliance issues; and 5) provide
recommendations to the Agricultural Commissioner in regard to Right to Farm
complaints and acceptable farming practices.
The Agricultural Advisory Committee members serve a four
year term and represent the many facets of Sacramento County agriculture.
Meetings are held monthly, on the second Wednesday of each month.
The current members are:
- Ken Oneto (Chair); orchards, vineyards, row crops
- Steve Campbell (Vice-Chair); rural residents
- Brian Fishback; commercial bee keeping
- Michael Wackman; natural resources and wineries
- Charlotte Mitchell; natural resources and poultry
- Jim Vietheer; livestock
- Brad van Loben Sels; farm management
- Morgan Doran; UC Cooperative Extension
- Vacant; agricultural economics
To contact the Agricultural Advisory Committee, please send
an email to email@example.com.
Agricultural Commission Meetings